Write A Basic Business Plan To Define Your Sewing Business
Writing an effective basic business plan will bring definition and clarity, to your sewing business, especially if you intend to apply for a grant or loan.
suggest even, if you are not applying for a loan, a well laid plan will keep you on track for your objectives and goals.
know people who started a business thought they could take in every job
that comes along; before long they were so overwhelmed they closed shop
before they ever got started.
So in the long run defining your business with a well thought out
business plan will prevent frustration, overwhelm and give you
confidence and the competitive edge to succeed.
Basic Business Plan for Your Sewing Business
- Profile your business-What is your business about? Answering a few simple questions,
where, what, when, who, and why
, gives you clarity around your start-up business plan.
- The Products and services-give a brief description
of the products and services you will be offering. Include supplies,
i.e.will you offer a fabric section or notions and supplies.
- The Market & Advertisement-
How do you intend to market your business? Building a website is a very
popular way to advertise today. If I had my shop today building a
website would be my first marketing expense. I recommend
everything is inclusive. SBI built this site, well actually I built it,
they gave me the guide lines and coaching. If I can do it so can you.
- Market for Longevity, stability, and to increase profits
- Mission Statement
-what is your intent with your sewing business, what interest does it
serve for you, your employees? What is the value it brings to you and
the people you serve and your overall basic business plan?
- Potential Income-
what do you estimate your income will be for the first year, second year. What is the 5 year projection. Do you have pricing stumbling blocks? Price your jobs properly in order to estimate your expected annual income.
- Budget-estimate your rent, utilities, supplies,
advertisement. Most seamstresses leave out the little extras when it
comes to setting up a budget.
Without which you have no business. Using social media, Facebook,
Twitter, Pinterest, is a must today. Everyone is on social media. list your business
Sewing Directories, it's free.
- Building a website is a must not an option. At least a plan for social media such as a Facebook page, Linked In account, Pintress or even Twitter is a must your marketing.
- Business Coach- I am a certified life coach, I will help you to price your work and guide you to narrow your sewing Niche for profits. When I started my business, I though I could make everything because I knew how to sew everything. I was a Jane of all, but not master of all. Burn out comes quickly when you try to be Jane or Jack of everything sewing. Because you can sew,
does that mean you should take in every job?
Go Here to schedule a complementary coaching and Pricing Session.
Most important to your sewing business is to stay on track and meet your goals.
Now, grab a cup of tea/coffee, go
to a quite place and think about what you want to accomplish with your business.
Do you want it for a lifetime; give it to the kids or grandchildren? If so come into the 21Century and build a sewing business to last.
I would encourage you to build your best, start with a good beginning and expect it to last. Sewing is and always has been a reliable business and one to count on in the tough times.
What ever you decide, write it down, written goals have a way of becoming real.
No matter what the gender, man or woman, you business begins with a seed and ends with seams. Build it to last!
Those are a few suggestion, each step to your basic business plan is of equal importance to the success of your business.
Start on the upswing do a profile, price and marketing analysis to confirm the direction you are moving your business.
Click on the banner below start your analysis now!
Create a Sewing Business Home
From Basic Business Plan to 5 W Sewing Profile